Thursday, May 6, 2010

Where the hell have you been?

Yes, I know its been a while...and by a while I mean months since I've posted.  It was a travesty, it was disgusting, unprecidented, and uncalled for.  But, guess what bitches.   I'm back!  Now that I'm finally done with all things grad school, I have time to pander to my hobbies...which includes this blog! So, given the fact that I haven't given you poplitics goodness in so long, I think its appropriate for my first post to be a "what in the hell is going on in the world right now" summary of all things dirty....


Thanks to BP, my children may not ever know what the hell an ocean, a sea turtle, or a tastey seafood dinner is.  May I just say this is absolutely freaking ridiculous for so many reasons its sick.  First, I love love love how BP under reported the leak size by you know, a measly couple of thousand gallons! Not to mention their "we've got this under control" attitude for the first few days....you know then riding around on their boats saying "Oh Sh*t, Oh Sh*t!) Then you got the crazies (cough cough, Rush Limbaugh) saying this was a left wing conspiracy to make Obama explore alternative energy by illustrating the dangers of offshore drilling.  Really?! That's like PETA shooting puppies to raise awareness about animal cruelty, its stupid and it makes no sense.  Furthermore, I'd like to add that its mandated in both Norway and Brazil (you know two nations that would be classified by most Americans as "third world" despite their emerging market statuses) to have a remote control shut off valve.  Adding insult to injury we've got oil soaked politicians comparing the spill to chocolate milk (why don't you go have a drink of it Congressman Taylor?) or writing it off as well "accidents happen."

Adding to the world zoo, you've got Faisal Shahzad trying to kill us via a Wal*Mart quality bomb parked in the middle of Times Square.  Then dude tried to get all James Dean and tell ICE agents "I've been expecting you." Puh-leez.  This pretty (well pretty to be a terrorist with a horrid unibrow) boy won't make it 5 minutes in jail.

Greece is over there staging protests and such given the fact that their economy is in shambles and the IMF and EU had to bail them out...this is bad, I mean lets look at the IMF's track record in fiscal recovery shall we?  First, devalue the hell out of your currency, privatize everything (people now can't afford things because of the previous point), and cut all social spending! Sounds like a recipe for success...

Oh and lets not forget about the little platform shoe wearing man that is Kim Jong-Il trying to ease over to China with his nonsense.  I need him to know that behind the guise of communism, China is a market economy that moves to a Western beat...aka they aren't going to sacrafice their status for your crazy, so womp womp KJI.

To ice the cake, President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela has joined the ranks of people who have no damn business on twitter.  I follow him and I can't wait for him to tweet something ignorant.

In the pop world you've got Beyonce begging for love in this unfortunate video, Rhianna singing that god awful Rude Boy song in this Andy Warhol meets Bob Marley hot mess of a video, Ciara pulling out the same old hip swivel in bad outfits in "Ride" (hot song though), K-e-$-fail bombing on SNL, Bret Michaels laid up on a deathbed (but still with a weave and bandanna!) and Christina Aguilara having a midlife sex fueled crisis.

In happier news, Glee! is back much to my delight and every Tuesday I have a close desire to become a singer.  Adding to my TV, the Real Housewives of New Jersey is back with enough boobies (pronounced bah-bees) for all.  Also, last night I watched Ninja Assassin (thanks Redbox!) for the first time, late I know, but this isn't about the movie...this is about Raiiiiiiiiin (imagine me saying it like a 15 year old girl).  He's HOT like Asian fire!  I didn't realize it, especially because he's a pop-tastic Korean singer, but boy oh boy what the gym and growing your hair out can do! Anyhow, if you're interested in his music, this is his new single.

And to top all of this off, our troops have lost their damn minds (in a good way) and have paid homage to Gaga! My favorite part is definitely the breakdown at the 1:37 mark.


Anyhow, given the above I'm starting to think the Mayans were right...2012.



2 comments:

  1. now i feel like I'm very caught up on my current events...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good :) I feel like the world is falling apart :/

    ReplyDelete