Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Corporations are not people

Okay, this BP thing is about to make me go and start a more militant version of Greenpeace.  In fact, look at my people at work.  PS: I'd love a copy of that press release.

Anyhow, after weeks this thing is stilllll freeaaaaking GUSHING!  Ludicrous.  Now, if you recall, I wrote an entry about a week ago, that has one of the few images that shows how much oil is pouring into the ocean.  Given the horror of that video, it makes sense that BP representatives, executives, and managers only want you to see that hellish orange sheen lurking to the Gulf shore.



I'm a bootleg body language expert.  Now if you take a look, BP's COO Doug Suttles is looking down and shaking his head no.  What does that mean? He's lying.  Now while the COO lies, the PR machine is putting up all types of videos about "responsible" and "responsive they are."  Bullocks and poppycock.  I thought that maybe if I used British slang these idiots would rub two brain cells together, make a little heat, and do more to plug the gush and not with trash! Who's ignorant idea was that?!

This weekend I watched Black Wave on Planet Green, a documentary about the Exxon Spill of 1989.  It was depressing.  In Alaska, over twenty years later oil is still present in the soil, along the rocks, and washing on the shore.  The Valdez disaster pales in comparison to the Gulf gush in my opinion.  Even though I'm horrified by these some experts and scientists assert that this isn't a big deal and has been sensationalized...I'm sure they will retire nicely thanks to BP.

So, screw you Tony Hayward, Rupert Bondy, Sally Bott, Iain Conn, Robert Dudley, Byron Grote, Andy Inglis,  Lamar McKay, and Steve Westwell* for ruining my beaches and raising the price of local seafood.

*I spelled out the executive management staff of BP because I feel that it is important to realize corporations are not people, and as a society we need to push to make each of these individuals responsible for their poor decisions based upon financial greed.

Also, I love Keith Olberman.  But Keith, Sarah wasn't the only idiot, she was just the loudest.

No comments:

Post a Comment