Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oga-Booga-Obama?!

Oh the good ol' boys.  Check out the blog of Texas Fred.  It frightens me, especially the comments left by his followers.
I came across Texas Fred, while searching for the below photo, which lead me to this Miami Herald article.
Why ever would I, as an African-American, be offended by the photo of Obama, a President who is half Kenyan, depicted as a tribal person on this website? Silly me. *note: sarcasm.
Also, should you as Americans be concerned that this photo was passed around by Dr. David Kalip, a vocal opponent of Obama's healthcare plan, leader in the medical community, and practicing physician and surgeon? Well, for your convenience here are ways you can contact him and express yourself:
Doctor David McKalip
727-822-3500
727-822-3228 (FAX)
dmckalip@neuro3.net
Put your pitchforks down (but still feel free to email or call him), he's since resigned and admits to the St. Petersburg Times that "he was worried about the impact on his private medical practice" [referring to the fact that the world knows he, a doctor and medical leader, forwarded an offensive image to his closest gchat friends] and he also told the paper that he hopes to focus on community service, building on past work in African-American youth development...
I have a sneaking suspicion Doc that you're not welcome anymore in the African American community, I mean minorities compose a majority of the uninsured, so they can't afford to pay for your back peddling, I mean guilt, er rather community service.  Plus its highly probable that they can't afford your medical services either, so don't worry Dr. Kalip, I doubt you'll loose many patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment